Urban Outfitters’ CEO, Dick Hayne, and Terrain’s managing director, John Kinsella, confirmed that the company plans to launch 50 more Terrain-branded stores. The duo passed along this information during the keynote address at the Independent Garden Center Show in Chicago last week. Hayne said they’re intent on creating a “lifestyle business with a garden center component.” The next store is slated to open in spring 2009. No word yet on where. Hayne said they’re not relying solely on acquisitions to expand the Terrain brand. Instead, they’ll be creating strategic partnerships in some locations. The banners for all stores will feature both the name Terrain as well as the more familiar name of the local retailer. (Essentially the same branding strategy as Terrain at Styer’s, which was used for the initial store.) Store design will vary according to the current setup at each new location. For example, the store scheduled to open next spring won’t have a cafe, unlike the Styer’s location.
- California and Nevada Landscape Companies Receive Investment, Plan to Merge
- BrightView Acquires Florida Landscape Company Girard Environmental
- Five Reasons It May Be Time to Sell Your Business
- Gristwood and Tom Acquires Foremost Treesurgeons in Hampshire, UK
- Kellermeyer Bergensons Acquires Varsity Facility Services
- Visit Our Green Industry Business Bookstore
Sell My Green Business is brought to you by:
The Principium Group
P.O. Box 414
Cordova, TN 38088
We help people buy and sell green industry businesses, including lawn care, tree care, landscape services, garden centers and nurseries. When the time is right, we'd like to help you sell your green industry business or buy one.
Subscribe to Sell My Green Business by Email