“We’re thrilled to own such an admired and iconic brand,” said Kathee Tesija, executive vice president of merchandising, Target. “We believe the Smith & Hawken brand complements our existing portfolio of owned brands and provides our guests with another compelling reason to shop Target.”
MINNEAPOLIS (January 8, 2010) — Target today announced it has acquired the Smith & Hawken brand and other intellectual property from Smith & Hawken, LTD, a subsidiary of The Scotts Company LLC, effective December 30, 2009.
Target currently offers its guests high quality and affordable outdoor furniture, gardening and décor solutions through Smith & Hawken for Target, which has been available exclusively at Target stores nationwide and online at Target.com since 2006. Target is excited about the opportunities for this brand and will share plans for expanded offerings in the future.
- ClearLight Partners Invests in Moore Landscapes in Chicago
- For Most Business Owners, Protecting Employees is a Priority When Selling a Business
- Yellowstone Acquires Ecoscape
- The Right Time to Sell Your Business: When It’s Worth More to a Buyer Than It is to You
- SavATree Acquires Colorado’s Mountain High Tree, Lawn & Landscape
- Visit Our Green Industry Business Bookstore
Sell My Green Business is brought to you by:
The Principium Group
P.O. Box 414
Cordova, TN 38088
We help people buy and sell green industry businesses, including lawn care, tree care, landscape services, garden centers and nurseries. When the time is right, we'd like to help you sell your green industry business or buy one.
Subscribe to Sell My Green Business by Email